If you’re having problems with lag and poor performance on a high-end PC running Roblox, you should read this guide. I’m confident you’ll be able to solve it quickly and without much effort. But, before you proceed with the remedy, you must first understand the real reason for this. So, what type of lag is this?
What does the term “lag” mean?
It occurs when an experience looks to be sluggish or lethargic, giving the impression that gamers are fumbling around with it. It’s usually a sign of a sluggish connection.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you try to fix this problem.
This type of latency occurs when your Roblox connection is inconsistent or slow. This results in other players randomly hopping across the world or in-game actions taking an unusually long time to complete.
When playing Roblox, if your system isn’t up to par, you may notice choppy or stuttering images. In this scenario, you should look through your Roblox visuals to see how good they are.
- Using the Esc key while playing, you can access the menu in-game.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- You can evaluate the graphic level of Roblox by looking at the GRAPHICS section.
- To switch off Graphics Quality Auto and lower the setting, first flip to Graphics Quality Auto. Then, if necessary, make any necessary modifications to bring the level down.
Lowering the graphical settings will reduce some parts of visual or picture quality, but it will also mean that your device is less capable of playing Roblox, which may result in a better user experience.
If lowering the graphics quality did not help, Make sure your device isn’t running any other high-power applications. If you’re not sure, close any unwanted programs to ensure that they’re not consuming system resources that Roblox may require to function properly.
If your device is suffering the same lag, you can update to a faster device and play Roblox on it.
What could be the source of the lag?
You must first comprehend the components that make up your computer’s internet connection, as well as how they may affect your games. Here are the top 5 reasons why you might have high ping and, as a result, slowing while playing online games.
- The quality of an Internet service provider (ISP).
- The speed of your internet connection.
- Insufficient bandwidth.
- Firewall configuration.
- Location is important.
How can I get rid of Roblox lag?
Applications that make use of the resources on your computer. It is recommended that you close all other applications before starting Roblox to get the best experience. You’ll have to work through a few options. You can resolve this difficulty by going over each problem and its solution.
1. In Task Manager, delete any tasks that aren’t necessary:-
1) To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
2) Select the programs you wish to stop running one by one from the Processes tab and click End task.
2. Remove temporary files from your computer:-
Temporary files, as the name implies, are files that hold temporary data generated by Windows or by the programs that users use. However, they take up some hard disk space, slowing down your computer and potentially affecting the quickness of your connection. So you should delete such files to help your computer work more smoothly, and it won’t cause any problems. Here’s how to go about it:
1) To open the Run box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
2) On your keyboard, type percent temperature percent and then hit Enter.
3) Clear the transient folder of all files. (To select all the files, press Ctrl and A at the same time.) Then pick Delete from the context menu.)
4) If a message appears stating that the action cannot be completed, check the option that says Do this for all current items and click Skip.
5) Now, from your desktop, go to your Recycling Bin. Select Empty Recycle Bin from the context menu and press YES.
Launch your game after clearing the transient files to see if the lag has gone away. If the issue remains, move on to the next step.
3. Make sure your network driver is up to date:-
When Roblox lags, it’s usually due to a sluggish internet connection. Your game may be extremely sluggish due to an old network driver. You’ll need to upgrade your network driver to repair it, especially if you don’t recall the last time you did.
4. Connect with a wired connection:-
A cable connection to the internet is preferred over a wireless connection for gaming purposes. Wireless connections are the most prone to interference and are less reliable than conventional ones. More significantly, they add to the amount of time it takes for something to happen. When playing an online game, use a wired connection if at all possible.
5. Modify your DNS configuration:-
Your ISP’s DNS server may be slow or improperly set for caching, resulting in a little slowdown in your connection. And it’s possible that’s why your Roblox is so sluggish. You’re advised to adjust your DNS settings to save time troubleshooting.
Here’s why we recommend Google DNS:-
1) To launch the Run dialog box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
2) To launch the Control Panel, type control and then press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Select Network and Internet from the drop-down menu. (Note: Make sure the Control Panel is sorted by Category.)
4) Select Network and Sharing Center from the drop-down menu.
5) Select Ethernet, Wifi, or Other Connections from the drop-down menu. & Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
6) Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) > Properties from the drop-down menu.
7) Select Use the following DNS server addresses from the drop-down menu:
For Preferred DNS server, type 22.214.171.124
For Alternate DNS server, type 126.96.36.199
Click OK after checking the box next to Validate settings upon leaving.
Play your Roblox games after changing your DNS server to see whether they are less sluggish. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next step below.
6. Lower the quality of the graphics:-
1) Begin playing any Roblox game.
2) Choose a Roblox game to play and press the Play button.
A window will appear on your screen if you haven’t installed the Roblox Player. To install Roblox, simply click Download and Install Roblox and double-click the installation file.
3) Press ESC on your keyboard, and the three-line tab will appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Simply click it.
4) Navigate to the Settings tab. Change the Graphics Mode to Manual by clicking the next > arrow in the Graphics Mode section. You’ll be able to alter the graphics quality on your own this way.
5) To lower the graphics quality, click the minus sign (-) under the Graphics Quality section.
Then, to return to your game, click Resume Game.