If you’re having trouble with lagging or poor performance in Dark Souls 3, read this tutorial to Fix Dark Souls 3 FPS Drop. Dark Souls 3 is set in a transient area that centers around the first flame as well as the cycle of darkness and light. The player controls a figure whose mission is to seek and return the Five Lords of Cinder to their seats at the Firelink Shrine so that the flame can be reconnected. I’m confident you’ll be able to resolve the problem fast and easily. You must be aware of the reason behind this before you begin working on a remedy. What is the nature of the lag?
What does the term “lag” mean?
It occurs when a game looks to be slow or slow, giving the impression that the players are having a difficult time with the experience. This is frequently an indicator of a connection that isn’t responding.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you try to fix this problem.
This form of latency occurs when your Dark Souls 3 connection is unreliable or slow. It leads other players to hop around the world at random or finish chores that take an unusually long time.
Lag in Graphics:
When playing Dark Souls 3, if your computer isn’t up to par, you can experience stuttering or choppy visuals. In this case, you should consider how well the graphics in Dark Souls 3 work.
- By using the Esc. keystroke while playing, you can enter the menu within the experience.
- Take a look at the options.
- You can find the graphic levels of Dark Souls 3 in the GRAPHICS section.
- To lower the level, first turn off a function called visual Quality Auto. After that, you can make any changes you like to lower the level.
Lower graphics settings will lessen some aspects of image or video quality, but it may also mean that your device is less capable of playing Dark Souls 3 and will not deliver a better user experience.
Lag in the system:
If lowering the graphics quality doesn’t help, make sure your smartphone doesn’t have any other apps that consume a lot of battery. If that’s the case, and you’re not sure, close all superfluous applications to ensure that they’re not using system resources that Dark Souls 3 may require for optimal performance.
If you’re having similar problems with your device, you can upgrade it and play Dark Souls 3 on a more powerful machine.
What could be causing the FPS drop in Dark Souls 3?
To fix Dark Souls 3 FPS drops, you must first understand the components that make up your computer’s internet connection and how they can effect your gaming. Here are the top 5 reasons why you might have high ping and, as a result, slowing while playing online games.
- The quality of an Internet service provider (ISP).
- The speed of your internet connection.
- Insufficient bandwidth.
- Firewall configuration.
- Location is important.
[Ultimate Guide] How to Fix Dark Souls 3 FPS Drop:-
1. Using FPS Unlocker to Increase FPS Limit:
Frame rates have been an issue for the majority of players. The majority of the time, a game is enjoyable until your character enters an urban region or a complex location. The view starts to resemble a slideshow. When you spin the camera quickly, things get a little choppy, and moving elements like banners and hair move less smoothly.
FPS Unlocker is a program that allows you to change the frame rate while playing a game. It will substantially improve gaming experience by increasing the default 60 FPS limit!
If you play Roblox games, you should check out FPS Unlocker for Roblox.
2. Remove unneeded jobs from Task Manager:
1) To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
2) Select the programs you wish to stop running one by one from the Processes tab and click End task.
3. Get rid of any temporary files:
Temporary files, as the name implies, are files that hold temporary data generated by Windows or by the programs that users use. However, they take up some hard disk space, slowing down your computer and potentially affecting the quickness of your connection. So you should delete such files to help your computer work more smoothly, and it won’t cause any problems. Here’s how to go about it:
1) To open the Run box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
2) On your keyboard, type percent temperature percent and then hit Enter.
3) Clear the transient folder of all files. (To select all the files, press Ctrl and A at the same time.) Then pick Delete from the context menu.)
4) If a message appears stating that the action cannot be completed, check the option that says Do this for all current items and click Skip.
5) Now, from your desktop, go to your Recycling Bin. Select Empty Recycle Bin from the context menu and press YES.
Launch your game after clearing the transient files to see if the lag has gone away. If the issue remains, move on to the next step.
4. Make sure your network driver is up to date:
When Dark Souls 3 lags, it’s usually due to a sluggish internet connection. Your game may be extremely sluggish due to an old network driver. You’ll need to upgrade your network driver to repair it, especially if you don’t recall the last time you did.
5. Make use of a hardwired connection:
A cable connection to the internet is preferred over a wireless connection for gaming purposes. Wireless connections are the most prone to interference and are less reliable than conventional ones. More significantly, they add to the amount of time it takes for something to happen. When playing an online game, use a wired connection if at all possible.
6. Modify your DNS configuration:
Your ISP’s DNS server may be slow or improperly set for caching, resulting in a little slowdown in your connection. And it’s possible that’s why your Dark Souls 3 is so sluggish. You’re advised to adjust your DNS settings to save time troubleshooting.
We prefer Google DNS in this case:
1) To launch the Run dialog box, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time on your keyboard.
2) To launch the Control Panel, type control and then press Enter on your keyboard.
3) Select Network and Internet from the drop-down menu. (Note: Make sure the Control Panel is sorted by Category.)
4) Select Network and Sharing Center from the drop-down menu.
5) Select Ethernet, Wifi, or Other Connections from the drop-down menu. & Select Properties
6) Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) > Properties from the drop-down menu.
7) Select Use the following DNS server addresses from the drop-down menu:
For Preferred DNS server, type 188.8.131.52
For Alternate DNS server, type 184.108.40.206
Click OK after checking the box next to Validate settings upon leaving.
Play your Dark Souls 3 games after changing your DNS server to see whether they are less sluggish. If this doesn’t work, move on to the next step below.
7. Lower the graphics quality to fix the FPS drop in Dark Souls 3:
- Anti-Aliasing, often known as AA or Anti-Aliasing, is the process of flattening an image to remove sharp edges. Enabling the function is highly recommended because it dramatically enhances image quality and costs only one frame per second.
- Shadow Quality:
When light radiations from light sources such as the Sun, Moon, and light sources are blocked, shadows are generated, considerably improving the image quality.
Shadow Quality not only increases the quality of close-up shadows, but it also improves the quality of far shadows. The quality you choose is entirely up to you, although choosing the greatest quality can cost somewhere between 5 and 7 FPS.
- High Quality Reflection:
This set-up focuses on the reflection of people, scenery, and other items from across the world on various reflecting surfaces.
This setting ensures decent visual quality and should not be totally disabled. Furthermore, every second only costs one frame.
- Water Surface Quality:
As the name implies, this function is primarily responsible for deciding the water quality during the game. Because it is only a single frame per second, it is preferable not to disable this feature in order to acquire a more comprehensive view.
- The depth of Field:
Dark Souls 3’s depth of field is a bit of a puzzle. DoF is a feature in Dark Souls 3 that provides out-of-focus blur as well as various other difficult-to-see effects to scenes. Although there is no discernible difference in DoF, it is recommended that you utilize somewhere in the middle to preserve some FPS.
- Texture Quality:
Texture Quality is a setting in Dark Souls 3 that controls the resolution of textures applied to the game’s various parts. Because this game uses the greatest resolution available, there may be a few frames per second.
Unless you have a very strong graphics card, it is recommended that you look into a card that has been carefully tested.
- Motion Blur:
To proceed through the motion, I suppose the purpose of Motion Blur is to make smaller frames per second and make blurring less noticeable.
This option may cost you 4 frames per second and should be turned off, especially if you’re playing at 60 frames per second.
- Shader Quality:
Shaders are different qualities that can be added to the surfaces of objects, such as reflections, tessellations, and fur, to increase the texture quality.
Although the Shader Quality can improve the visuals, if you can tolerate the frames per second, you should use it.
- Lighting Quality:
The effect’s name implies that it is primarily responsible for determining the game’s lighting quality. It increases the overall image quality significantly. It’s a feature you should enable because a single frame costs a minute.
SSAO, which costs a few frames per second, and Effects Quality, which costs 4-5 frames per second, are two further graphic design options available in Dark Souls 3.